Monday, May 19, 2008

Rebonding or torturing?

Patience is the key word.

Your butt will be stuck in that chair for 3 to 5 hours, depending on your hair texture and length.

I did it last Sunday. This was not my first time doing rebonding or perming but everytime I forget and forgive. :)

Firstly hair cut /trim was done per my request. This took ~20 mins.

Application of perming lotion (to soften the hair and break down its bonds) onto the hair was nothing. It took ~20 mins. It's the steaming process which lasted 45 mins that nearly drove me nuts. The scalp nearly boiled. *WTF! Why did I pay the money to torture my head??? Am I insane or what?!*

After that, it took about ~15 mins to let the scalp and hair cool down. Later on washed off and blew dry, this took about ~15 mins.

During straightenining hair process , one of the hair stylists kept on touching my scalp with her flat iron. Haiyoh, high temperature one leh. She was holding too near lah! For almost 1 and 1/2 hrs they two ironed my hair. Argh!!

Fixing the bonds (A neutralizer is applied to reset the bonds and stabilize the hair) only took about 15 min - this was bearable.

Later on washed off again and did a 5-min hair treatment followed by blow-dry again.

At the end of the day, i just felt that my scalp has become thinner.

If you were to ask me what is my comment after this torturing process? "It was terrible but it's worth it. I can just comb it with my fingers when I wake up in the morning for at least 4 months!" That's why I said loh, I forgot and forgave.