Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Perhaps Love (如果 . 爱 )

Perhaps Love Main Casts
爱 没有 恨 没有 抓 不来 摔 不掉
It has been days and yet this phrase and its melody still keep bouncing in my mind. Tiuk virus liao ! :)

Directed by Peter Chan (陈可辛). Starring Takeshi Kaneshiro (金城武), Jacky Cheung (张学友) and Zhou Xun (周迅). Hong Kong. A muse appears in Shanghai to intervene in the lives of two actors living out a love triangle both onstage and off.

What I wanna say after watching this movie :

1) I wish there were more musical or singing scenes. I wish those circus scenes were to be played slower coz too lao juak, my eyes really did not know where to focus to.

2) The scene of Jacky Cheung's vocal performance (singing solo), made me think of the "Phantom of the Opera" straightaway! Why?! I guess it must be his costume hmm?!

3) "A movie -within -a -movie" story made me watch until tao hin hin. Too many switching of scenes made me confused. I only started to grasp the meaning of certain scenes or conversations after browsing through the "Perhaps Love" official website. Now only I realize "Oh , OK. that's the conversation for the 'movie-inside', not the 'actual life'.

Listen to the main songs, watch the MV and korek more on the storyline (the making of movie <制作特辑>) at Perhaps Love (如果 . 爱 ) : <看 . 片段> Video Clips.

Another movie which I like from Peter Chan is 甜蜜蜜(1997) aka Comrades: Almost a Love Story.

Do you still remember this scene in 甜蜜蜜?!