Saturday, July 15, 2006

捱到病!

Ngai tou paeng ! In movies I watched a lot lah, but never did I imagine that could actually happen in real life. I was hospitalized for 5 days 4 nights. (It sounded like I was on holiday uh?!) . I was given drips on Avelox™ infusion solution other than the pills and nasal spray.

I kena buta cucuk (poke) 3x (left hand) during my first night when the nurse (apparently she is a pretty new nurse) was trying to put me on drip. She kept on saying," sorry sorry sorry....". 2x cucuk for blood test. At last she was able to insert the needle properly into my right hand under the assistance of another more experienced nurse. So it went on fine for the rest 3 days. On the 4th day, oh no.....the drip was not working after some time and the surrouding was swollen. According to the 'officer', "sayang lah to take if off and put you on pills, it's such a waster leh, left so much more wor, we've better finished it off lah, somemore it's not cheap you know". Of course I agreed. So.....I ended up kena lagi 1x cucuk on my left hand (using an infant needle).

hosp 01

(From the website I found out that this AVELOX is a sterile intravenous antibiotic used in adults for the treatment of serious infections of the lung, airway and sinuses.

AVELOX contains the active ingredient called moxifloxacin, which is an antibiotic belonging to a group of medicines called quinolones. These antibiotics work by killing the bacteria that are causing your infection.

AVELOX is available by prescription only, and is used in a hospital environment only.

The usual adult dose is 400mg once a day for 7-14 days. )


For me, all the meals are OK but the 'neighbours' everyday complained about their food leh, saying tak bubuh garam lah, tak enak lah and etc lah.

hosp 02

There were some people who became my spokewomen and spokemen while I was hospitalized but in actual they knew nothing in the background. They just saw the surface, assumed and concluded by their own. The typical ke po chi who likes to cho gao gao one lah!