Tuesday, October 16, 2007

S & C (season 6)

Ya, I guess I've watched this season 6 before but it was sort of like not being watched completely. I've skipped some episodes of them. Now i've finally got the time to watch it AGAIN.


Everytime I watched S&C, I learnt new words / phrases / terms. :) I still remember this jing1 dian3 one "absofuckinglutely". Ha!

Some quotes of the 6th season S&C (till episode #12 only).


...which proves my theory that the only thing a girl needs to get a date is...ANOTHER DATE! (Carrie got another guy asking for a date at the same time when she has just started the first date with Berger).



The sooner the better, may be the later the better, or better yet, the never the better! (Carrie wished not to talk about THEIR ex-thingy so soon in the beginning of their relationship)



He has a past, I have a past, do our past need to have a present?! (this was when Carrie finally got to discuss the ex-thingy with Berger)



"There's a type of date that you can't wait to keep, and a type of date you both know you will never keep!" Carrie met his ex, Aidan. Aidan said" we should get a coffee sometime for catch up!"



Alright I'm not going to sugar-coat it for you, but he's just not that into you. (Berger enlightened Miranda on her date!)



Carrie was angry at herself for picking on things with Berger that ended up spoilt the whole thing. Miranda said,"All of us pick on it! It's in our DNA. It's our way of showing we care!"


The best statement in episode 9 ("The post it always sticks twice")


Carrie said," Berger broke up with me on a post it!" It was written as "I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me." Samantha and Miranda said they had too with sort of similar experience aka breakup through a phone call, or by one's doorman.


Later on Carrie met Berger's friends in a pub and started talking about her breakup with Berger that ended with a post-it.


One of the guys said," All we're saying is there's no good way to breakup with someone."


Carrie couldn't help but provoked," Well, you can have guts and courtesy to tell a woman through her face that you no longer want to see her. Call me crazy or what, but I think that you can make a point of ending an relationshop in a manner that doesn't include an email, a doorman, or a missing person! I think you could all get over the fear of looking like a bad guy and actually have the uncomfortable breakup conversation because....avoiding that is what makes it a bad guy! and here's what you should know, Allen...ah ha, Andrew..most women aren't angry irrational psychos, we just want ending to our relationship that is thoughtful, decent and honours what we had together. Now, my point, Billy, is this, there's a good way to breakup with someone and it doesn't include a POST-IT!"

p/s: I believe only those who have had such kind of experience appreciated this scene!